Welcome

Welcome to my blog! If you are a new visitor, please click here.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

State of things

I must say, I am thoroughly enjoying writing short stories every week or so.  I think it is a wonderful way to keep the creative juices flowing and to learn how to force yourself to maintain them.  Now, I don't know if I'm a "good" writer.  I've been told I am, but I usually think my writing is crap.  I've had friends who win awards, while I haven't won anything.  And I rarely get comments one way or another on my stories.  Perhaps this is just due to my small audience.

My audience is something I am excited about, however.  I've started to advertise on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, FridayFlash.org, and DeviantArt.  Even with a 2-week gap in posts, September has been my most-watched month yet!  I am always up to learning how to get the word out more, how to increase my audience.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

I started off getting about 20 people reading my posts, and I didn't make too many posts. Now I make at least one post a week, with a consistent audience of about 60 people on posting day.  Here's hoping I can get more.

Though, for the life of me, I have no idea why this is my most popular post...

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to add that I have some very nice followers on twitter now, and that makes me very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete