Welcome

Welcome to my blog! If you are a new visitor, please click here.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

New readers?

As I may have stated previously (I should probably know what I've talked about on this blog without having to go back and check, huh?), I have 12 meditations that have been published in Meeting God Day By Day, a daily devotional.  To anyone who is actually looking at the readings, I had one on February 28th.  In the back is my bio and a mention of this blog.

On the 27th, I had a massive influx of new readers.  It might be simply people reading ahead or where the clock resets for blogger, but my wife pointed out that these 300 new readers may very well be from Meeting God Day By Day.

If so, Welcome!  If not, Welcome anyway!

Then, of course, it occurred to me that my blog is not always religious or kid-friendly.  In fact, I have used the "f" word in several short stories.  So with that realization in mind, I will now be adding a rating system to my short stories.  If I feel it is appropriate for all, I will put "E for Everyone."  Also, "T for Teen" and "M for Mature" will be used.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am deeply religious, but that does not mean that I will only post about religious things.  I use this blog to experiment with writing styles, genres, and ideas.  It is meant to be fun and sometimes thought-provoking.  And since I've been thieved in the past, I am not posting anything that I truly care about, anything that has been polished.  Sometimes the content will be dark (after all, my novel involves angels and demons, and it wouldn't be a very good demon if I didn't know how to make them evil), but sometimes it will be light or fanciful (angels have wings because they take themselves lightly).

I hope that you all enjoy the occasional foray into the scarier side of the soul, as well as the thoughtful or religious perspectives I may draw upon.   If you like what you read, feel free to comment on it! I love getting feedback.  If you don't like what you read, you can still comment on it (though I would ask that you are at least polite).  Don't worry about hurting my feelings - writers need to develop thick skins to get through all the critiquing we need to deal with.  If anything, telling me what you, my readers, like or don't like will help me post more things you like and fewer things you don't.

So, once again, welcome!  I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment