- Return to writing short stories. I will be writing more short stories that involve my characters and genre, and sending them to actual journals like http://glimmertrain.com and the like.
- Create a website. I need a professional author website to give agents and readers some place to go to if they show interest in me. I'm still figure out exactly how to do this...
- Professionalize. I need a headshot, icons, business cards, newsletter/email list, etc.
- Start a Patreon. In case you aren't aware, patreon.com is a place where artists can offer special incentives to people in exchange for money. I may very well use this to promote myself using unique short stories and other opportunities.
- Social Media. I already have a facebook page (and now I have two), a twitter, a Tumblr, and a DeviantArt page. Now I need to start utilizing them better, to start using them more, and to spread to other forms of social media.
- Try out other forms of media. I have an idea of making a trailer for my book, as well as possibly a short webcomic series to familiarize people with my characters and world. Images could also be very helpful.
It is a LOT of work. Whoever said being a writer was easy never tried.