Welcome

Welcome to my blog! If you are a new visitor, please click here.

Monday, May 29, 2023

Juggling

 I've actually been able to get things done recently, but this leaves me wondering... when am I going to slip up?

I'm juggling so many things, what if I forget something or an emergency crops up (as they are wont to do)? Will I be able to fix things and keep juggling, or will everything come crashing down?

At the moment, I am still figuring out some sort of schedule. I still have plans for things, so many things, but that's just adding more balls in the air for me to juggle. If I do that, I will need a good schedule. With summer coming on and my kids about to get out of school, my schedule is going to have to change. How will this alter things for me?

There are so many out there doing this on their own. I, however, am lucky that my wife is on my team. She understands and helps me treat this as my job. If she wasn't in my corner, my chances of being a successful writer would be dead in the water.

Today I went through a bunch of old things I'd written... from as young as the age of 4. It's very clear that writing was always something I was interested in and decent at. I am struck at how much they made me write in school compared to how much they make my kids write. But, no, I'm not going to save these things. There's not going to be some future researcher looking for my first writings - I have no delusions that I will ever be that famous or good. Yes, I want to have this story read by as many people as possible, enjoyed by them all, but fame and fortune are not my goal and never have been. Still, I need to be fairly compensated for this work. It's a career, not a hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment