Welcome

Welcome to my blog! If you are a new visitor, please click here.

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

What I’m up to

For the longest time, year after year, I felt useless. There’s a Christmas song that asks what you’ve done this year, and I hated hearing it because my answer was always the same—nothing. I’d always have some excuse. To be perfectly frank, the reason came down to undiagnosed/medicated depression and unmedicated AHD.

At the beginning of this year, I took care of both of those problems.

So I thought it would be nice, on a personal level, to go over what I’ve accomplished this year.

  • I wrote a book in 4-5 months.
  • I was in charge of my lodge
  • I played music at church every week
  • I went to GenCon and Origins as part of the Board Game Rundown
  • I hired an editor and cover artist and am now weeks away from having my first book published
  • I recorded an audiobook
  • I write a kid’s book
  • I wrote 2 booklets about serial killers
  • I traveled to California AND France
  • I helped finally move my parents (an ongoing and massive affair)
I certainly can’t say I have done nothing. But the year isn’t over. So here’s a look at what I am currently doing and planning.
  • I’m halfway-ish through writing a sequel to the book I wrote earlier this year
  • I am remastering the audiobook
  • I am working with an artist on the children’s book
  • I am editing book #2
  • I am working on a creative nonfiction book
  • I just finished outlining the sequel to my first book.
  • I’m working on an animation project with my brother and sister
  • I’m getting my website up and running
  • I have been training at the gym and have made many personal records
My therapist says I bite off more than I can chew. I have to agree with her.

At the start of this year, I was determined to make 2023 my year. And I think I have. For the first time, I feel like I can actually do something, be something, like my dreams are really achievable.

With the book so close to be done and the outline to its sequel finally figured out, I feel like every day is Christmas. I haven’t felt like this in a long time. I’m so excited I can hardly sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment