Welcome

Welcome to my blog! If you are a new visitor, please click here.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dark Crystal

Well, it's that time.  The results of the Dark Crystal Author Quest are out.  And...

I am not in the top 5.  Not even the top 25.  :(  I have to admit, I thought my story was better than that.  I put plenty into it, and it's hard knowing that all that work can go nowhere.  I don't have the rights to write in that world.  Frankly, the term "fan-fiction" does not sit well with me.  Of course I should congratulate all those writers who did make it into the top 25, but to be honest that is a hard thing to do for me.  Maybe I'm selfish after all.  I know, I should read some of the other entries to see what they did and how so I can improve my own writing, but not right now.  I've also lost my password for the dark crystal forums and it will not let me reset it...

I think the hardest thing for me is knowing that I'm nothing special.  That being said, this week's short story will in fact be my entry.  Someone may as well read it.  Critiquing is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment